A new morality, courtesy of five Supreme Court justices has usurped God’s definition of marriage…On the eve of America’s celebration of her Independence and in preparation of this Sunday morning’s message titled, “America: Has She Lost Her Way?”, I am pondering five questions I invite you to consider.
- How did America become a nation on the brink of financial, moral and spiritual collapse?
- How did we become a nation that, in 40 short years: a) moved from psychologists classifying homosexuality as a mental illness…b) To celebrating Sodomy and Gay Marriage as a constitutional right?
- How did we become a nation whose government and judicial system intimidates, threatens and destroys Christian owned businesses that refuse to accept the “new morality”?
- Who and what is driving these changes that are nothing short of catastrophic?
- Why has America shifted so far from her Christian heritage and moral moorings?
The answer to those questions is found in Romans 1:21-32. When a nation denies God and rejects His Law, God delivers the people over to be consumed by their sin and lusts. Three times we read in Romans 1–“God also gave them up…God gave them up…God gave them over” (Romans 1:24, 26, 28).
Whose law will you follow? Will the moral compass of your life be the law handed down by five black-robed Supreme Court justices or the Law of the God of the Ages (Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:24, 26, 27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:10; 2 Peter 2:6-7; Jude 7)?
Copyright 2015 – Travis D. Smith