This Sunday Morning: Youth Pastor Justin Jarrett is continuing his Teen Bible study in the Book of James at 9:45 AM and a message titled, Phony Faith: When your walk doesn’t match your talk. (James 2:14-26)
I look forward to preaching the first of a brief series of “Coronavirus” messages from Psalm 23, focusing this Sunday only on verse 1 where we read, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” You seldom hear a message from Psalm 23 outside of funerals and I am excited to preach a series from that beloved Psalm that will focus on David’s observations for the living.
In advance of Sunday, ponder these questions:
- What did David mean when he penned, “The Lord is My Shepherd?”
- Did you know there are two-types of Shepherds in the Bible?
- What is the job of a shepherd? What are two implements or tools we associate with the shepherd?
- Did you know there are two-types of sheep in the Bible…those who know the voice of the shepherd and those who do not.
- Why does the Bible compare people to sheep?
- What is the nature of sheep that they need a shepherd?
With the heart of a shepherd,
Pastor Travis D. Smith
Copyright 2020 – Travis D. Smith